Our Branch Banking Teammates are often the first to meet new clients and the ones who start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. By having a conversation, we can understand what our clients need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them. Our most important job as the face of SunTrust is to build a lasting relationship that help us match our clients with the exact solutions they need to help them reach their financial goals.
Tellers will be required to:
- Provide industry leading service
- Complete transactions according to established guidelines (complexity of transactions performed varies by Teller level)
- Identify referral opportunities and makes appropriate referrals
- Participate, support and develop effective relationships with all branch partners including branch teammates, Regional Operation Manager, Financial Advisors, etc.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Pursue on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business.
- Ensure that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct
Demonstrates mastery of basic teller transaction and balancing duties. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service, including consistent practice of behaviors that contribute to an Industry Leading Client Experience. Possesses a broader knowledge of banking policies and procedures. Develops expertise in all types of branch transactions including, but not limited to foreign exchange, night deposits, ATM balancing and more in-depth system knowledge. Individuals in this position are trained and rewarded for identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience as a Teller at SunTrust Bank, or one year experience at a comparable financial institution, or one and a half years retail service and sales experience.
- Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
- Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
- One year of experience as a Teller and/or completion of Core and Intermediate STU Curriculum Training as well as any corresponding Teller coursework.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover referral opportunities.
- Knowledge of advanced or complex branch transactions.
Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provide the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan - 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time away from work - vacations and holidays
- Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
- Tuition Assistance - financial help for going back to school
SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer branches and ATMs in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients.
How to Apply? Is this you? If you are qualified and interested, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf