Leader of dealer risk management team responsible for collateral audits and controls for auto dealer portfolio. Leads a team of auditors and is charged with communicating findings to partners in portfolio management and relationship management as well as senior management.
Part of the First Line of Defense (LOD) risk function, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Responsible for establishing and directing execution of the operational risk policy, framework, and strategy throughout the organization. Develops and manages operational risk and risk-related policies, as well as reviews and coordinates with business areas to develop function specific risk policies to ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Policy and Framework. Manages operational risk management communications, training, documentation, procedures, and processes. Provides leadership and direction on operational risk management industry developments. Manages lower level Operational Risk & Control Analysts and Consultants.
Develop and maintain LOB/function’s operational risk management processes, consistent with STI’s Operational Risk Policy. Implements strategies and methods related to operational risk management framework within the organization, including risk and control assessments, key risk, and performance measurement data, along with monitoring and mitigation management strategies. Develops segment/function Risk Committee materials, including evaluation of program effectiveness, level and direction of risks, key and emerging risks, and status of previously-identified risk and control issues. Recruits and develops talent; manages an organization that keeps resources productively engaged in moving the business forward. Foster an environment where team members can grow in relevant knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding of operational risk.
- 4 years supervisory or management level experience.
- Sound leadership effectiveness and a strong ability to influence executives.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks within medium complex Functions/LOB’s.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf