Support the Corporate Functions Risk Director as part of the Corporate Functions Operational Risk Management strategy, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. The Operational Risk Director will be responsible for establishing and directing execution of the operational risk policy, framework, and strategy throughout the corporate functions (primarily the Corporate Marketing and Legal Departments.) Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are implemented.
Specifically, the Operational Risk Director provides operational risk management support through the following primary activities:
- Develop and manage operational risk and risk-related policies, as well as reviews and coordinates with business areas to develop function specific risk policies to ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Policy and Framework.
- Provide thought leadership and direction on operational risk management industry developments.
- Develop Risk Committee materials, including evaluation of program effectiveness, level and direction of key and emerging risks, and remediation status of previously identified risk and control issues.
- Manage operational risk management communications, training, documentation, procedures and processes.
- Manage and review risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure the function meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls.
- Manage an organization that keeps resources productively engaged in risk identification/ mitigation activities.
- Recruit and develop appropriate risk management talent while fostering an environment where team members can grow in relevant knowledge and experience.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Corporate Functions Risk Director.
- A professional certification in risk management is highly desired.
- 12 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding of operational risk.
- 6 years supervisory or management level experience.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks within highly complex Functions/LOB’s.
- MBA or advance degree.
- Consulting experience at a corporate level Experience in the financial services industry; Project management skills, Strong writing and verbal skills, Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf