SunTrust is seeking energetic, dynamic & innovative sales and service-oriented individuals to join our team. These individuals will be responsible for identifying, prospecting and establishing new SunTrust clients within a retail environment. Create awareness of SunTrust products and services. Our mission is to profitably acquire, grow, and retain individual customers who will deepen and expand their financial relationship within retail banking and with other SunTrust lines of business.
Our Branch Banking Teammates are often the first to meet new clients and the ones who start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. By having a conversation, we can understand what our clients need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them. Our most important job as the face of SunTrust is to build a lasting relationship that help us match our clients with the exact solutions they need to help them reach their financial goals.
The fast paced In-Store environment provides an opportunity for daily, face-to-face interaction with thousands of prospects and potential clients. In-store is a full service, fast paced, unique channel of Retail Banking that offers the ability to interact with clients, and prospects both inside and outside the branch.
In-Store teammates will be required to provide industry leading service and will proactively focus on sales goals by leading with SunTrust purpose of meeting client needs by leveraging retail store traffic. Individual sales goals will be assigned based on branch opportunities and needs.
Develop and expand new client relationships through proactive outreach to shoppers and clients utilizing the total space of the retail store. Meet annual sales goals and sales activity targets.
The In-Store environment provides an opportunity for daily, face-to-face interaction with thousands of prospects and potential clients. In-Store is a full service, fast paced, unique channel of Branch Banking that offers the ability to interact with clients, and prospects both inside and outside the branch.
- Utilizing resources to conduct consultative conversations and provide financial solutions that meet clients needs across all product and service lines – not limited to deposit and credit products.
- Identify and make appropriate referrals to other lines of business
- Promote SunTrust products and services by prospecting for new client relationships throughout the host store.
Ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities accurately and efficiently according to established processes and guidelines during the course of a business day including but not limited to:
- Cash handling
- Risk Mitigation
- Client authentication
- Deposits and withdrawals
- Payments and transfers
- Consignment sales
Licensed FSR Roles hold additional responsibility for identifying opportunities for insurance and investment products. Licensed FSR Roles may hold insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable) and/or hold FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations; and must maintain appropriate continuing education requirements as required for retaining licensing and FINRA registration; have the ability to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance.
Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary depending upon branch traffic and needs and the role of other teammates in the branch. Work schedule may include Saturdays and Sundays. Must adhere to applicable regulations, internal controls, policies, procedures and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
Handles a diverse variety of tasks and prioritizes during the course of a business day; Uses skills, ability and aptitude to deliver industry leading service, perform all client maintenance requests, problem resolution and sales functions as well as all Teller transactions. Commits to advancing individual knowledge of sales techniques and solutions to better serve personal and business clients. Contributions made to meeting or exceeding client service and branch sales goals by identifying opportunities and offering appropriate solutions for personal and business clients. Focuses intensely on developing, expanding and retaining client relationships. Leverages proficiency in the service and sale of personal and business deposit products, consumer lending and the loan application process. Identifies and maximizes cross-sale opportunities through client conversations. Focuses on developing product knowledge of available business products. Performs more complex service and branch functions. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to delivering an extraordinary client interaction. Exercises knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Occasional supervision and/or assistance may be needed with more complex tasks. May be required to provide assistance to any and all branch teammates.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience as a Client Service Specialist, In-Store Financial Services Representative, or Personal Banker at SunTrust, or an equivalent position at a comparable financial institution; or three years experience in a sales and service based position in a retail environment.
- College level courses Strong probing, prospecting and listening skills to uncover client needs.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner with a high level of service quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of consumer and business lending instruments as well as deposit products.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Experience with discussing, recommending, and selling various deposit and credit products to consumer and small business clients.
- Passion for sales, previous individual accountability for metrics/quotas, cash handling and payment transactions.
- Ability to multi-task
Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provide the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan – 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time away from work – vacations and holidays
- Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
- Tuition Assistance - financial help for going back to school
SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer branches and ATMs in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients.
How to Apply? Is this you? If you are qualified and interested, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf