Responsible for providing financial planning consulting and support to the Wealth teams.
Financial Planner develops financial plans and conducts client interviews as part of integrated team. Ensures high-quality data collection, analysis and compilation, and prepares plan presentations and client seminars. Accompanies team members to client meetings. Completes financial plans in accordance with production and quality expectations and adheres to related procedures and protocols. Monitors and tracks client revenues related to financial planning work and partners with client team to ensure opportunities are maximized. Participates in coaching/mentoring planning assistants. Current Series 7 & 65 or 66 preferred or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- 4 years experience preparing and presenting financial plans to clients
- Basic knowledge of estate planning and strong knowledge of other specialized financial planning disciplines including taxation, philanthropic planning, and investment analysis
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to tailor communicating complex analytical information to fit the client's communication style
- Very strong time management and planning skills
- Well organized and flexible; able to adapt to change as well as determine and focus on top priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree and CFP required
- Word, Excel and Power Point skills preferred
- Advanced degree, CPA, JD or CFA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf