Work Address :
245 Peachtree Center Avenue
Job Description :
The IT Security Analyst (Data Loss Prevention) will work as an integral component of the company’s data security program. The incumbent will focus on Data Loss Prevention and is responsible for developing processes, thresholds, tuning, rule creating, use cases and escalation paths for data loss events. The candidate will be accountable for establishing consensus with stakeholders to reduce cyber risks while minimizing broader operational impact. This role will interface with multiple stakeholders within the security and access organizations as well as business, compliance, legal and human resource partners.
- Analyze and tune data loss rules and alerts using existing toolsets to reduce false positives and to protect sensitive data.
- Manage and tune data loss prevention platforms to ensure optimal coverage, thresholds, and workflows
- Respond to DLP escalations from the security operations team
- Create data prevention use cases for the SIEM
- Work with appropriate business operating unties to understand normal business practices for communicating sensitive data and tailor management response requirements accordingly
- Innovate to build upon data loss prevention foundation and begin working across the security organization to begin development of an insider threat behavioral analysis capability
- Develop an insider threat behavioral analysis capability using existing and new data protection platforms
- Recommend improvement to the data protection toolsets
- Develop requirements for escalation and logging in order to baseline data loss risk across the regions
- Implement a process to support stakeholder interactions such that sensitive data is only transmitted with transparency and accountability through a defined process
- May serve as Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for DLP suites.
- One or more years’ working experience in a technology environment with exposure to information security principles.
- Working knowledge of common IT and security concepts with emphasis on TCP/IP network security, operating system security, modern attack and exploitation techniques, cyber incident response, malware analysis, computer forensics and the tools that support these processes.
- Ability to analyze solutions using deductive reasoning and critical thinking to solve problems in straightforward situations.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing detailed information about event timelines, technical designs, system concepts and business impact.
- Ability to obtain requisite technical certification(s) within six months of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years’ experience with data protection working with security operations and security engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of data loss prevention technologies covering data at rest, data in use, and data in motion.
- Ability to prioritize response activities based on intake queues and SLAs.
- Ability to work across varying levels of technical competency in order to accurately communicate risk and mitigation activities.
- Experience using Symantec Data Loss Prevention tools – note that if we look for people who are too tool specific, we may miss out on good candidates who are capable of quickly learning the tool.
- Strong Experience with unstructured data, file share and policy-based email encryption.
- Understanding of behavioral analysis and anomaly hunting tactics.
- Familiarity with building alerting, correlation and monitoring use cases within common log management suites.
- Familiarization with case management and orchestration tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf