This Human Capital Consultant is focused on building a high-performing culture that supports and accomplishes the purpose/principles/values and strategy of the Company. This role is responsible for the management and execution of the organization’s enterprise-wide performance management practice and annual rewards event, while ensuring pay for performance and connectivity with business strategy. This includes designing the experience, process and tools, strategically communicating and training key stakeholders and audiences, and measuring short and long term outcomes. Key design areas include: goal setting, performance evaluation, feedback and coaching, calibration, recognition and rewards, and pay for performance.
The role manages complex corporate-wide initiatives and applies a continuous improvement approach, while reviewing and enhancing the Company’s performance management and annual rewards programs. The Human Capital Consultant will determine, acquire, analyze and synthesize appropriate data sources from industry best practices to create data-driven insights and develop actionable recommendations and strategies for the enterprise. This role will collaborate and partner with key stakeholders across Total Rewards, other COE practice leads, HRBPs, HR technology teams and business leaders from the highest executive level to the front-line teammate.
- Increase the quality of the performance management and annual rewards practice and drive greater business alignment and value, while complementing other Total Rewards offerings.
- Conduct external research and benchmarking to ensure that SunTrust is applying “best-in-class” techniques.
- Support the improvement of the enterprise-wide performance management strategy and development of standardized processes and tools to aid leaders and teammates and foster positive behavior change.
- Leverage HR technology and system capabilities to enable program execution and create broad access to key human capital data and insights.
- Drive greater education, capability and adoption of tools and resources.
- Work closely with Total Rewards and other HR and technology teams to create a holistic performance and rewards view for teammates.
- Responsible for providing presentations and summary metrics for senior leadership.
- Manages complex expectations across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Independently prioritizes activities and provides direction or assistance to matrix teammates.
- Work on other Total Rewards programs and initiatives as assigned.
- The role will be intuitive to human behavior, understand performance management and rewards trends, and able to think through integration into overall HR offerings. This individual will be detail-oriented and conscientious, able to build strong relationships and independently drive projects with limited to moderate oversight. The HC Consultant will possess strong problem-solving skills, and use both quantitative and qualitative methods to deliver impactful, scalable and sustainable solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business or related field.
7+ years of human resources, project management, change management or consulting with business leaders in human resources and/or performance management.
7+ years in professional services or financial industry; experience implementing, executing, and communicating organization-wide programs.
Knowledge of performance management and industry best practice.
Experience with and knowledge of HRIS technologies and systems.
Strong process improvement, program management and change management skills; ability to coordinate efforts across multiple functions.
Proven ability to work on complex projects and cross-functional teams and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and understanding of various communication strategies and tools.
Continuous improvement mindset.
Ability to informally lead matrix teammates.
Ability to apply organizational development methods to improve organizational effectiveness.
Ability to manage group dynamics and have organizational skills to apply focus on multiple project initiatives.
Master’s degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business or related field.
5+ years in performance management, employee engagement, total rewards or organizational development; experience leading performance and rewards initiatives.
Highly collaborative professional who can drive partnership, alignment, and communication across functional lines and across the enterprise.
Organizational savvy and professional presence with ability to build solid working relationships at all levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf