Part of the First Line of Defense (LOD1) Operational Risk & Control function as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy.
LOD1 Operational Risk and Control Consultant: Develops, analyzes, coordinates and implements the LOB Risk Management programs and framework. Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place. Assures the LOB has adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk.
Monitors LOD1 activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. Completes Process and Targeted Reviews of increasing complexity. Provides thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices and subject matter knowledge. Develops practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk management activities. Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with medium to high complexity. Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques. Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Makes recommendations for the update of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation. Develops project plans, determine scope, lead projects, and verify deliverables with stakeholders. Interpret results and present findings and recommendations. Assists with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Risk teams May serve as mentor to other Risk & Control Consultants, as well as lead other teammates in project execution.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
- Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
- MBA or advance degree.
- Consulting experience at a corporate level
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf