The Transaction Confirmation Specialist will oversee the daily confirmation process for all derivatives products within SunTrust Bank portfolio which includes Equity and Fixed Income Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, FX Derivatives and Commodity products. This person will be responsible for the drafting, chasing and execution of client/dealer transaction confirmations for all bilateral OTC Derivatives products in accordance with ISDA guidelines. The candidate will work closely with the Clients, Dealers, Line of Business, Compliance, Legal, and Audit so strong interpersonal skills and understanding of time sensitivity is critical for this role.
Responsible for processing transactions within Capital Markets Operations. Supports the Securities Trading, Loan Trading or Agency Services Lines of Business within SunTrust Robinson Humphrey. Major responsibilities include working on core operational tasks including Client On-Boarding, Trade Capture, Securities Settlement and Clearance, Client Support or Margin/Collateral processing. Interacts with clients, traders and co-workers to process requests and resolve issues. Works under general direction to complete daily work within specified time parameters. Ensure procedures and controls are being maintained.
Focus on all aspects of the processing cycle as opposed to only understanding specific steps or tasks of the operational cycle. Qualifications
- High School Diploma plus 8 years of industry work experience or BS/BA College Degree and 3-5 years of work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on numerous items at one time.
- Ability to enter data correctly and efficiently is essential.
- Strong communications, time management, problem solving and orientation to detail are essential skills.
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise of Capital Markets Products and Technologies.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance with 4-6 years experience in an OTC confirmation group.
- In-Depth knowledge of ISDA documentation terms and templates for Derivatives transaction confirmations with ability to create transaction confirmations templates requiring specific language. Proactive in resolving economic or legal discrepancies to minimize risk.
- Experience working in a top tier firm and ability to liaise and deal effectively with all levels of staff and senior management.
- Versed in the Front to Back transaction processing within Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) with an in-depth functional knowledge of multiple asset classes of derivatives products such as Equity, Fixed Income Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, and Commodity products.
- Control oriented with broad knowledge of OTC derivatives products, the confirmation process for electronically (i.e. DTCC, Markit, ICE, etc) and paper confirmed trades as well as an understanding of the Central Clearing process for OTCs.
- Contribute to enhancement and streamlining of confirmation workflow/ processes. Demonstrate ability to initiate and implement change to an existing workflow.
- Advanced MS Office skills with an emphasis on Word, Adobe, and Excel.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to a team based working environment
- Systems: Calypso, Imagine, DTCC, Markitwire/Swapswire
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf