Investor Relations professionals at SunTrust ensure the Mortgage segment is properly and strategically positioned within the mortgage investor and MI community. Investor Relations supports and strategically manages corporate relationships with the GSEs, MI companies, Government-related agencies, and private investors while partnering with all internal stakeholders. Investor Relations acts as the single primary point of contact for all investor and MI Vendor issues and opportunities.
Investor Relation professionals use their skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose between the Investor/MI Vendor and SunTrust. They enjoy the organized adrenaline of new challenges and the responsibility of creating, driving and strengthening business partnership results.
They work well under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. They can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
The job requires very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage and negotiate with investors and MI Vendors within a rapidly evolving list of topics and projects.
Investor Relations has a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities between the Corporation and the Investors / MI companies. They adapt their approach to the context and constraints of Investor / MI companies, knowing that no "one size" fits all.
- Strategically manage corporate relationships with the GSEs, MI companies, Government-related agencies, and private investors.
- Coordinate strategic “Value-Add” Meetings with investors and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Managers on any new changes to products that involve investor interaction, such as waivers or variances, etc.
- Support corporation’s strategic goals around inclusive lending through actively engaging and leveraging investors to partner on potential value-add opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and current issues in general by reading trade publications and attending conferences, webinars, etc.
- Analyze and make “market share recommendations” for Investor and MI allocations
- Negotiate specialty pricing and custom variances with Investors and MI Vendors
Help to facilitate the successful and cohesive STM performance on reviews ensuring STM’s performance returns the desirable results for the corporations to include:
o Origination Reviews
o Servicing Reviews
o Custodial Reviews
- Facilitate and provide oversight of all Annual Business Reviews with Investors/MI
- Develop Investor MI Scorecards and Management Reporting
- Serve as a member of the leadership team for Product/Investor Relations. Suggest material for, present at, and attend monthly “all hands” meetings.
- Attend in person weekly staff meetings.
- Participate and present (as needed) product updates/issues at Product Strategy Steering Meetings
- Seek guidance/clarification from all investors and MI Vendors, upon request from internal stakeholders.
- Report Material events or changes in Business Structure to investors/MI.
- Respond timely to all team requests: agenda materials, status updates, etc.
- Provide 1:1 and SLT updates as needed
- Ad hoc projects/assignments as needed and assigned
- Actively participate in a robust Risk culture – See Something, Say Something
- Seven years related experience in product management OR line experience working with products.
- Professional communication skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to gather and synthesize ideas in developing and managing products.
- Strong financial analysis, Project management.
- Three to five years Investor Relations experience in the Mortgage industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Crucial Conversations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage and negotiate with external investors/MI Vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf