Agency Lending is part of the Commercial Real Estate Division of SunTrust Bank focused on Fannie Mae DUS, Freddie Mac Program Plus, FHA/HUD Multifamily and Healthcare lending. SunTrust Bank is an integrated full service provider of capital related products and services to the commercial real estate industry. Each of our services we offer directly, and through our affiliates, allows us to be more responsive to our clients and the marketplace.
The Agency Lending team is a direct lender for multifamily properties, serving clients across the US. We provide a full array of financing solutions, covering market-rate and affordable multifamily housing, student and senior housing, manufactured home and RV communities, as well as healthcare properties such as independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing facilities.
This position will operate as an integral member of an originations office of between 2 - 8 professionals with debt origination/placement. Focus will be on the origination of seniors housing transaction volume for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. To be specific, we require a specialist with expertise with GSE seniors housing properties, including independent living, assisted living and memory care facilities.
The teammate will participate in strategy to develop new clients and expand existing client relationships, shaping the product mix to the target market and client needs with a desire to secure quality of deals. The teammate may also participate in a calling program, making as many calls and first appointments as possible.
This position should understand commercial real estate and understand the Capital Markets as well as various lender programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-5 years of experience in commercial mortgage banking real estate, commercial real estate lending, commercial real estate investment banking or commercial real estate consulting
- Proven track record of relationships with users of capital within applicable region
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an entrepreneurial team oriented environment
- High energy and a demonstrated ability to drive and achieve business results
- High integrity
- Possess strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of HUD/FHA financing and client needs
- Knowledge and skill, of agency multifamily lending programs from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA/ HUD
- Current relationships with active HUD/FHA borrowers, developers, and users of capital
- B.A. or M.B.A, Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Real Estate Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf