The Treasury & Payment Solutions (T&PS) Pricing Team serves as deal pricing experts for products within T&PS for the entire bank. T&PS offers over 50 unique product solutions to clients from Small Business Banking to Commercial, Corporate and Investment Banking. In order to optimize both our competitive position with our clients and SunTrust’s profitability, we assist the sales teams to develop relationship pricing on a deal-by-deal basis, as well as, to develop pricing strategies on a macro level.
The Senior Pricing Specialist provides pricing expertise and advisory across T&PS products, including treasury services, commercial card and deposits. The role reviews deals at a relationship level and contributes to the overarching pricing strategy for the business. The individual in this position will be expected to understand complicated pricing analytics and translate these into themes and strategies that can be clearly communicated to leadership and internal partners.
A Strong Candidate will:
- Be self-motivated to manage a variety projects with varying timelines and urgency
- Possess strong financial and analytical skills (be highly proficient in Excel)
- Have experience mentoring peers and junior teammates and be comfortable leading through influence
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to tackle a sharp learning curve
- Project a polished and professional image to internal partners and senior management
The Senior Pricing Specialist will assist in pricing live deals or reviewing pricing prepared by junior Pricing Specialists. The core of the T&PS Pricing Team is to provide sales advice and analytics to support winning new business and retaining business. We view our T&PS Sales partners as our internal clients and this position should reinforce that in his/her. This includes reviewing more complex deals along with more junior pricing specialists or assisting in communications to leaders when needed. We provide quick turnarounds on deals to our sales partners, so a high sense of urgency is important. The individual will also be expected to develop a strong working knowledge of our T&PS products and become a SME in our pricing strategy.
The Senior Pricing Specialist will be point on multiple projects that the team manages. Strong organizational skills are critical. Some projects that may be managed by this individual include the Pricing Optimization process, management of sales tools and related documentation and management of risk issues and the related resolutions.
The individual in this position should have some experience managing projects or deals. We work across T&PS with many stakeholders to ensure we are thoughtfully considering possible impacts from any changes to pricing or process that we propose. The ability to manage multiple projects with varied deadlines and partners is required.
- Seven years related experience in product management OR line experience working with products.
- Professional communication skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to gather and synthesize ideas in developing and managing products.
- Strong financial analysis, Project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf