Responsible for contacting installment loan/line customers whose accounts are past due and making arrangements with the customer to bring the account current. Duties may include inbound or outbound calls, written correspondence, negotiating payments, recommending accounts for repossession and legal action, inputting data into system, performing skiptracing functions, and accurately completing any paperwork. May act as a Team Leader, coordinating daily workflow and providing on the job training. Ensures bank collection policies and procedures are followed.
Under supervision and following established procedures, responsible for negotiating the collection of moderately complex past due loans.
- High School Education or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years customer service or call center experience, strong PC skills
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- CollegeAssociate degree or experience negotiating repayment schedules and payment arrangements.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, regulations and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf