Process client accounts on a daily basis and research/resolve processing problems. Incumbents may specialize in any one of the following areas:
- Account Opening/Closing: staff serve as centralized point for the opening and closing of Wealth Management accounts, monitoring the process from beginning to completion. These functions will include direct client contact and analyzing trust documents to obtain the necessary information to open or close an account. Detailed knowledge of system coding and the implications of that coding is also required.
- Cash/Check Processing: staff serve as centralized point for the posting of cash to and from client accounts. This will include outgoing payments via check or ACH and establishing routine payment processes on the trust system.
- Bill Pay: staff handle all aspects of bill payment services for Wealth Management clients, including monitoring variances in bills from month to month, tracking bills paid to ensure all are received monthly, dealing with the bill vendors to resolve billing issues.
- Balancing/Reconcilement: staff reconciles all trust cash daily which incorporates balancing work from all departments within W&IM. In addition, DDAs, GLs and other in house accounts used to facilitate processing are reconciled monthly with appropriate exception reporting provided. This group is responsible for the escheatment process for W&M which involves researching unclaimed assets (cash or securities) to try to locate the owner and if not successful, escheating those assets to the proper state.
Knowledgeable in an area of expertise and fully capable of executing/completing complex transactions and tasks. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion following established guidelines. May provide guidance and training to junior staff.
Potential areas of specialization:
- College degree and 2+ years experience or 4+ years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office desktop applications (particularly Excel)
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf