As a risk management assurance function which provides independent oversight of credit risk, Credit Review is responsible for assessing the risk management of all credit portfolios within the Bank, and is the final authority in assigning credit risk ratings.
Primary activities are the assessments of both Asset Quality and Credit Management Processes (i.e., Risk Rating, Strategy/Acquisition, Underwriting, Account Servicing, Loan Authority, Workout Management, Risk Trends, and File Integrity) to ensure acceptable credit standards are maintained, loans and portfolios are appropriately managed, credit risks are identified, and credit transactions conform to established company strategies and policies, as well as sound banking practices.
Communication of findings is through written reports which are distributed to, among others, SunTrust’s Board of Directors, Executive Management and Regulatory Agencies, and responsibilities would include presentation of final reports to senior management.
Senior professional role that applies in-depth knowledge within own professional discipline and a foundational understanding of concepts and principles of other related professional disciplines.
Applies knowledge of best practices and experience to manage Risk Review for one or more less complex to complex business units within the SunTrust footprint.
Completes less complex to complex process and Targeted Reviews as assigned.
Takes a new perspective on existing solutions to solve complex problems.
Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
Leads small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements; plays significant roles in larger, more complex initiatives.
Primary duties include, but not limited to, conducting ongoing monitoring of assigned portfolios, analyzing data to determine adequacy of the credit management processes, participating in Targeted or Process Reviews.
May serve as Reviewer-in-Charge. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the credit discipline (e.g., controls, broad-based business practices, transaction structuring, credit documentation).
- General understanding of banking and lending practices, financial analysis, accounting rules and credit products for Commercial Real Estate and/or Private Wealth Management.
- Adequate experience and competency in relationship and project management.
- Experience managing projects or project workstreams.
- Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and its competitors in the market.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex information to a range of audiences and build consensus among different stakeholders.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Master's degree or MBA and 7 years of related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf