Job DescriptionThe Litigation Management and Subpoena Response team supporting SunTrust Bank, SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. and related entities is seeking a paralegal to assist in managing litigation matters (including matters relating to deposit accounts, retail banking, commercial disputes, FDCPA, ECOA, RESPA, TILA, UDAP, and other federal and state consumer protection laws). This entry level paralegal position will report directly to the Litigation Team Managing Attorney and will have responsibility for:
• Coordinating efforts related to fact investigation and discovery obligations in non-complex litigation matters including retrieval and review of deposit account information, loan file materials; drafting of loan file histories; drafting and/or review of responses to interrogatories and requests for production of documents; identifying witnesses for testimony and coordinating logistics for same;
• Input of requisite information in litigation files and case management systems; • Assisting attorneys in basic legal research and drafting of legal documents and business communications; and • Performing standard litigation-related tasks with minimal supervision.
• This role also will involve regular interaction with business clients as well as internal and outside counsel.
• 1-2 years of retail banking, banking operations, or consumer litigation experience
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal and banking documents • Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• 2+ years of either retail banking, banking operations, or consumer litigation paralegal experience in a Fortune company
• Knowledgeable about state and federal litigation process and rules of civil procedure
• Strong research and investigation skills
• Proficiency with banking software, deposit account systems, or mortgage servicing systems.
• Experience supporting all phases of the standard litigation process, including fact investigation and analysis, motions practice, appellate practice and discovery
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize a significant volume of litigation matters and to manage multiple, simultaneous deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively in teams and independently and make effective decisions consistent with role and responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf