The SunTrust Legal Department seeks a qualified person to work as a paralegal in Richmond, VA providing research and support for federal and state legal requirements relating to consumer loan originations. The paralegal will work on a team of paralegals and attorneys providing research and support for state and federal mortgage lending laws and regulations.
The position will report to the attorney managing this legal function and be generally responsible for: Tracking, researching, analyzing and reporting on state and federal law changes related to consumer lending; Reviewing and approving acceptable loan documentation ; Other duties as they may arise.Qualifications
· 2+ of years of corporate legal department or large law firm experience or equivalent educational experience
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and research tools including Westlaw
· Ability to track and manage projects and tasks with multiple deadlines and with high level of autonomy
· Excellent written and oral communication skills Strong research and analysis skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf