Work Address :
303 Peachtree Center Avenue
Job Description :
- Assist construction project managers (PM) in developing construction cost estimates through all phases of project development for retail and/or commercial office projects.
- Identify and quantify the factors that affect construction cost, such as materials, labor and duration, and develop a database of construction costs for each major market in the Bank’s footprint.
- Identify the materials and equipment that are routinely used in both retail and commercial office projects and their associated costs to include in the construction cost database.
- Assist the PM and workplace planner (WP) in developing a preliminary project schedule and construction estimate based on a test fit plan in order to procure project funding.
- Assist the project team (PM, WP, architect and engineers) in monitoring the cost of design against budget during the design development and construction phases by creating increasingly detailed and accurate construction cost estimates.
- Evaluate cost-effectiveness of the design and recommend opportunities for improving efficiency and reducing cost of construction.
- For projects with budget and/or schedule issues, develop a list of specific line items to evaluate for potential savings to review with the project team (project manager, workplace planner, architect and GC) in order to reduce costs and/or expedite the schedule.
- Assist the PM in reviewing construction project bids from GC’s to ensure that bids are complete and accurately reflect the actual requirements of the project as designed by the architect.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and GC’s to stay current on construction methods and costs.
- Monitor actual construction costs for variances to the estimate and update the construction cost database as required.
- Stay abreast of current technology and construction methods in an effort to continually improve process and quality
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, building science or engineering with a strong background in mathematics
Prefer 7 or more years of experience developing project cost estimates for Retail or Commercial Office projects for a general contractor
Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and other documents
Ability to use construction cost estimating softwareStrong analytical skillsWork with others as a team player
Organized with strong technical and problem solving skills
Ability to effectively interface with a variety of professionals, including architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Knowledge of estimating multiple building/project types
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf