The Capital Adequacy and Resolution (CAR) team has an immediate need for a Financial Manager. The CAR team resides within Corporate Treasury and is primarily responsible for managing the bank’s annual and mid-year capital stress testing submissions as well as the bank’s Resolution Planning submissions. The team comprises a mix of seasoned finance professionals who have previously held various positions within the bank or as either bank regulators and/or financial services consultants. This role is an excellent opportunity for a corporate finance professional who is interested in acquiring a greater understanding of the capital planning process at one of the country’s largest super-regional banking entities. In addition, given the enterprise-wide scope of capital planning considerations, this position will have broad exposure and access to many functions and business lines within the bank.
The responsibilities and expectations for this role include the following:
- Leading the peer analytics process which consists of developing insights regarding SunTrust’s CCAR/DFAST results relative to the selected peer group. Creating presentation materials for dissemination to senior executives and the board of directors, rating agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting with the independent review and governance of non-modeled capital stress testing tools.
- Providing financial analysis & projections as well as maintaining the inventory of financial data associated with the 165d and IDI Resolution Planning submissions.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects/research as needed. Projects may include regulatory gap assessments, contributing to the refinement of the risk management framework as it relates to the integration of capital management and liquidity risk, and developing content for investor presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other quantitative discipline.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must. The ability to lead or assist with financial analytics and synthesize findings into succinct presentations under tight timeframes is a core competency for this role.
- Preferably at least three years of work experience within a corporate finance/corporate treasury role.
- Proven ability to lead projects and work autonomously with little to no supervision and superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well across functions/business lines within a large organization.
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, business, or other quantitative discipline is a plus.
- Relevant industry credentials such as CFA, CPA, FRM, etc. are a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Essbase.
- Knowledge of applicable banking capital and modeling regulations (SR 15-19 and SR 11-07).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf