The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for working with external solution providers and often serves as Service Manager or Business Owner for a “critical supplier” relationship. He or she will also work closely with SunTrust Risk Management, EIS, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and other Product Managers to deliver and maintain a competitive (product) offering.
• Define the vision, strategy and roadmap to develop and enhance the product line.
• Formulate sound recommendations based on data analysis and experience. Identify both feature and user experience enhancements to increase adoption and usage of (product).
• Responsible for complex product development across multiple lines of business and or client segments.
• Lead activities to complete projects including business requirements, product launch communications and training materials, user acceptance testing, business validation, success criteria measurement and analysis, and post deployment analysis to determine product improvements.
• Develop and obtain approval on all required Product Risk Assessments.
• Develop business cases and measure post-implementation results for benefits realization.
• Incorporate Voice of the Client into product planning, design and assessment.
• Be the subject matter expert with respect to the competition, industry trends, technological advances, and changing customer needs.
• Demonstrate thought leadership and champion the (products) vision across the company.
• Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders, including LOB Product Managers, Contact Center, Bank Operations and other functional areas in the planning and execution of initiatives while ensuring goals are aligned across the teams throughout the process.
• Manage critical suppliers in accordance with the Supplier Management Process.
• Maintain a product performance dashboard and provide product performance reporting to senior management on a regular basis
• Manage (product) financial performance (inclusive of product P&L if applicable) in line with business plan expectations.
• Perform triage on critical issues, escalating as necessary and communicating consistently and clearly with all concerned parties.
• BS/BA (or equivalent experience)
• Possess strong understanding of digital services or e-commerce processes
• Product lifecycle management
• Software lifecycle management
• Agile development methodologies, SCRUM
• Product Management Certification (Pragmatic Marketing or other equivalent designation)
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) or Lean Agile practices
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to drive digital innovation and evolution by leveraging target audience insights, industry trends, and competitive intelligence.
• Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle- Agile methodology preferred
• Proven ability to use data analytics, research and testing methodologies to drive business decisions
• Quantitative and analytical skills to demonstrate benefit realization of project and marketing initiatives for (product)
• Adept at cutting through the clutter of information and focusing on what’s most important
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity, leading autonomously and making independent decisions
• Skilled relationship builder who can work seamlessly as part of a cross-functional team
• Familiarity with PMO and SDLC methodologies
• Ability to identify problems, analyze situations, make independent decisions and proactively develop recommendations
• Ability to think broadly across digital functional areas and channels and proactively reach out to appropriate contacts as needed
• Demonstrated informal leadership across a broader team or across organizations
• A confident communicator who can articulate the strategic vision and gain alignment with other parts of the organization
• Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
• Minimum of 7 years experience managing digital products or working on digital roadmaps, delivery or integration; minimum of 3 years leading cross functional teams in (product) development
• Expertise in understanding and analyzing consumer market research results, such as drivers of satisfaction related to the online and mobile financial experience
• Experience defining and delivering large-scale digital initiatives including requirements gathering, testing and communication planning
• Experience managing vendor relationships, including contract negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf