Provides an industry-leading client service experience through the development and management of a defined portfolio of mass affluent clients. This client portfolio primarily consists of:
- Mass affluent segment (defined as clients with total investable assets between $250M - $1MM)
- Business segment (defined as clients with total revenue between $250M - $1MM)
Focuses on above mentioned client segments by providing financial advice and solutions that meet clients' needs and goals, penetrating all product and service lines. Uses proactive sales activities to:
- Grow client wallet share in deposits, credit, and investments
- Develop new and expand existing mass affluent and business client relationships
- Partner with Branch teammates and line of business partners in assigned branches to identify clients and opportunities that are best served and expanded by the Premier banker
Other service and sales activities include:
- Using the consultative client conversation to identify and solve for client financial needs
- Refers clients to other line of business partners for additional business growth opportunities. Partners include, but are not limited to: Financial Advisors, Mortgage, Trust, Private Wealth Management, Business Banking, Treasury Services, Merchant Services
Uses advanced knowledge and skill level to conduct consultative conversations to assist clients with financial needs. Recommends and fulfills personalized financial solutions to clients.
The Premier banker will source opportunities by:
- Proactively initiating and conducting appointments with mass affluent clients resulting in achievement of aggressive deposit, loan and investment sales goals
- Assisting mass affluent walk-in clients as needed
Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Pursues on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business. Holds and maintains active financial licenses and registrations (or must be obtained within 120 days of job entry date) to include:
- Life, Health and Variable Annuities within 120 days of employment
- Series 6 within 120 days of employment
- Series 63 within 120 days of employment
- Maintain appropriate continuing education requirements as required for retaining licensing and FINRA registration
Note: For purposes of this position, current possession of a Series 7 fulfills the Series 6 requirement. Current possession of a Series 66 Registration fulfills both the Series 63 requirements. Any required license(s) already in place at time of employment must be maintained in good standing.
Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations.
Ability to handle an advanced level of tasks and priorities during the course of a business day; Possesses skill, ability and aptitude to deliver premier levels of industry-leading service, problem resolution, and advanced sales functions. Committed to advancing individual knowledge of sales techniques and product knowledge to better serve mass affluent and business clients. Works to meet and exceed client service and sales goals by recommending relevant products and services and developing, expanding, and retaining client relationships. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to delivering a premier client interaction. Knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Participates fully in all components of the Client Engagement Model. Limited supervision and/or assistance needed with more complex tasks. Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum four years experience of direct sales in a retail financial services environment; with direct sales of deposit and loan products as well as sales or referrals of investment products to small business and mass affluent clients
- Demonstrated consistency in meeting or exceeding specified goals in deposits, credit, and investment product sales/referrals
- A minimum of FINRA Series 6, and 63 registrations (or equivalent) and insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable Products) must be active and maintained or must be obtained within 120 days of job entry date.
- Has and/or will maintain continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing
- If applicable, demonstrates ability to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance
Note: For purposes of this position, current possession of a Series 7 fulfills the Series 6 requirement. Current possession of a Series 66 Registration fulfills both the Series 63 requirements.
- College degree
- Prior experience in a comparable position at a top 20 financial services company
- Currently holds minimum of FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65 registrations (or equivalent) and insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable Products), and has maintained continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf