Responsible for serving as an oversight role and function that monitors compliance to the enterprise data governance policy. This candidate will be assigned to a line of business or function to perform duties such as policy review, testing of standards, and analysis of the data governance pillars and standards for metadata, data quality, service level agreements, data change management, and data sourcing.
- Provides enforcement of the enterprise data governance policy and standards for compliance and integrity in the consumption, manipulation, and maintenance of data
- Builds and maintains standards, procedures, test plans, and use case guidance documentation to provide transparency into the enterprise data governance policy
- Translates testing results and promotes solutions of high business value when compliance to the enterprise data governance policy falters
- Understands the data stewardship model and its application between business teammates and the business information offices
- Partners frequently with the business information offices, CTO organization, and risk management practice groups to promote the enterprise data governance policy
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in large/complex initiatives that span the entire SDLC (involving data based initiatives, conversions, warehousing/marts, etc.), OR specific experience in a data organization, clearly exposed and performing tasks within different data governance aspects (quality, standards (meta data), reference data, data management).
- 3-5 years of leadership/management experience with large and/or complex work efforts.
- 3-5 years of data analysis and profiling experience including building SQL, queries, and common/standard use of data analysis tools (i.e., TOAD, DB2, Access, Excel including macros, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with Business Information Office and/or Financial Services industry
- Ability to navigate complex data environments utilizing a business understanding of data and information usage
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf