Job DescriptionProvide support to the Finance Operational Risk Managers as part of the Risk Oversight operational risk management strategy, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Risk Analysts are responsible for developing, analyzing, coordinating, and implementing an effective operational risk mitigation strategy within assigned Finance areas.
Specifically, provide operational risk management support through:
- Monitoring business activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. This includes proactively identifying changes in personnel, products, processes, policies, operating systems, accounting practices, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls across Finance. Drive communication between all affected parties to develop and implement appropriate controls for new processes, transactions, and products
- Conducting risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure the function meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assist in updating controls, policies, procedures, and risk/control documentation.
- Participating in the planning and execution of walk through and testing.
- Fostering relationships between peers, management, and Finance partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- Performing walk through QC reviews of completed Finance walk throughs to ensure
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management.
- Working knowledge of SOX and other regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Demonstrate professional communications and presentation skills, strong relationship management skills and ability to support multiple ongoing initiatives
- Project management, consulting or management experience.
- Risk management experience.
- Knowledge of related industry or division.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf