This position is a highly visible strategic role and will work closely with the Digital leadership team, technology delivery teams, back office and support teams, and channel and platform teams to develop an effective digital strategy and implementation approach. Additionally, this person will support in-depth business reviews and present recommendations to Executive and Senior management. The person should be passionate about the client and holistic digital client experience.
The Senior Product Manager will have digital efficiency targets and is responsible for developing and maintaining a strategic delivery roadmap that supports those business goals. In this position, he/she must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative digital ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (analyzing data, solving problems, and working with platform and technology delivery teams for development). This position will help monitor and drive the digital business on all aspects of demand, customer experience, and digital efficiency opportunities. Sample of focus areas may include digitizing processes through online and mobile experiences, extending digital applications for usage across branch and call center teams, digital fraud reduction, driving digital statement usage, and other strategic programs that help the organization become more efficient and reduce overall costs to serve. He/She will work with the digital sales and self-service teams (Online Banking, Mobile, Tablet) to design, develop, and execute an integrated strategic go-to-market roadmap to support digital efficiency.
This role will be responsible for product planning, development and implementation of new products and product enhancements. This includes managing new offerings and enhancements throughout the product life cycle; defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing requirements, and working closely with the technology organization, partners, and key stakeholders to deliver and maintain profitable solutions that meet the needs of our clients. It also includes working with marketing to promote the products and ensure revenue, business value, and client loyalty goals are met. This position requires a level of strategic thinking, but also requires the ability to shift into the details in order to make informed decisions when required.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience working in digital technologies including web and mobile using a Scaled Agile (SAFE) development framework. This person should be able to move fluidly between business stakeholders and technology teams to prioritize the highest value items for delivery.
• Proven ability to use data analytics, research and testing methodologies to drive business decisions
• Adept at cutting through the clutter of information and focusing on what’s most important
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity, leading autonomously and making independent decisions
• Skilled relationship builder who can work seamlessly with functional and leadership teams
• Ability to identify problems, analyze situations, make independent decisions and proactively develop recommendations
• Ability to think broadly across digital functional areas and channels while proactively reaching out to appropriate contacts as needed
• Demonstrated informal leadership across a broader team or across organizations
• A confident written and verbal communicator who can articulate the strategic vision and gain alignment with other parts of the organization
• Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
• At least 7 years of experience in digital teams working either in product development or supporting roles (technology in general). Banking or financial services industry preferred but not required.
• Strong knowledge of digital platforms, adoption of new technologies is a must.
• At least 3 years leading cross functional teams
• Bachelor's Degree in technology or equivalent work experience.
• In depth Agile SDLC knowledge, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) a plus.
• Ability to understand big picture concepts and break them down into detail needed to implement them
• Ability to distinguish between necessary features and desirable features, and plan accordingly
• Ability to pick up technical and business concepts quickly
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to tailor communication to the intended audience (i.e., executives vs. tactical teams)
• Respect for multiple perspectives (e.g., user vs. engineering vs. business)
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and lead collaboration across matrixed teams
• Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple programs, projects and business demands at one time
• Expertise in understanding and analyzing consumer market research results, such as drivers of satisfaction related to the online and mobile financial experience
• Experience managing vendor relationships, including contract negotiation
• Knowledge and use of mobile and tablet devices and capabilities
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability and initiative
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of managing products or channels that delivered results
• Foundational understanding of web technologies, mobile applications, and authenticated portals
• MBA or Masters of Science in Computer Science
• Experience using web analytical tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Site Catalyst
• Knowledge or experience related to digital efficiency driving increased usage across client segments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf