As a Digital Testing and Optimization Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to drive insights and innovation on our public facing web properties. You’ll get your hands dirty with data collection and analysis, you’ll optimize conversion rates through the execution of data analysis and A/B testing and you’ll teach others about analytics, optimization and the power of segmentation while providing insights across departments. You’ll be an optimizer, an analyst, a developer, a steward of data, and a champion for a data-driven culture. You’ll play an integral role on an exciting and fast-paced team where the sky is truly the limit.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, analytical, skilled and dynamic, passionate and optimistic, self-driven and autonomous, and a fast learner to boot!
Partnering & Influencing (20%)
Contribute to shaping optimization program best practices and driving continuous improvements to establish best in class program
Establish strong working partnerships with relevant areas of the business and global teams (Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management, Engineering, User Experience)
Collaborate with cross functional partners to develop clear and measurable business and testing objectives and define test KPIs (both financial and engagement metrics)
Act as a key liaison with stakeholders and external agencies with respect to A/B test analysis framework
Hypothesis Development, Assessment & Test results analysis (60%)
Optimize the customer journeys on our website and landing pages to increase conversion rates.
Design, develop, manage, and analyze A/B tests, multivariate testing, segment-based targeting, and behavioral targeting with cross-functional team involvement from marketers, project managers, designers, and developers
Create test roadmaps that include defining hypothesis, documenting test goals, identifying elements being tested, and creating test timing estimations and reporting
Hypothesis validations – Lead the hypothesis generation process and clearly validate opportunities/recommend actions that can have positive improvements in the firm’s site experience and financials; help stakeholder teams to think about site opportunities in a different way by asking questions; provide feedback to stakeholders to influence test ideas that will yield the most impactful customer experience improvements on the site.
Calculate traffic allocation – Understand traffic baselines for pages being tested, identify traffic required to achieve significance; effectively use page traffic for various concurrent tests
Define Test KPIs – Identify conversion and engagement KPIs needed for test analysis and understand test setup and data collection standards within test environment
Test analysis – Drive proper A/B or multi-variant testing analysis with statistical rigor and perform cohort studies to answer “why?” on test result drivers. Support more complex tests from an analytical and reporting perspective.
Leverage supporting tools –3rd party tools such as Adobe Analytics, Heat mapping tools and Microsoft Excel.
Manage multiple optimization projects at a time in a fast-paced, intense, results-oriented environment
Demonstrate ownership of data integrity; Ensure that it supports the analyses and recommendations being proposed
Stay apprised of best practices in analysis, testing and optimization; utilizing them in your work and disseminating them across the organization
Insights & Test results communication (20%)
Establish and maintain documentation for analytics implementation
Deliver insights – Objectively deliver testing insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making.
Tell Story – At completion of Tests, build timely, compelling, fact-based test recaps that strongly communicate the business ‘story’ behind the data and lead Test outcomes. Be able to tie site KPIs and results to financial metrics.
Communicate results – Identify successes, failures, trends. Effectively present these findings to the organization in a succinct way. If test results are positive – analyze KPI improvements in pre/post A/B test roll-outs; if results are negative – perform driver analysis to recommend next steps which could include iteration of that test.
Summarize weekly test result findings and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders and executives.Qualifications
As a Testing and Optimization Analyst, you are analytical and you love solving problems within the scope of larger business goals. You approach every challenge with fresh excitement and new perspective. Your favorite question is “why?” and the bigger the challenge, the more you love it! You are self-managing, disciplined, and love to be a topic expert who coworkers come to for answers. Not only are you capable of seeing stories in data, but also in proposing strategic solutions to the problems you encounter. You are entrepreneurial, and for you, anything short of excellence is not good enough. For this roll you will need:
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years managing full web conversion optimization cycle
- 3+ years high level of digital analytics experience
- Prior experience with conversion rate optimization tactics
- Proven success in improving site-wide conversion rates
- Expert with Adobe Analytics or a similar web analytics product
- Deep understanding of internet marketing business models and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Agency experience and ecommerce experience a plus
- Experience with audience segmentation and dynamic content
- Experience with AB testing technology and web analytics applications, preferably with the Adobe Marketing Stack: Adobe Analytics, Adobe Test and Target, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Experience Manager.
- Must be proficient in working with numbers, KPIs, and optimizing conversion rates while thinking strategically
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while successfully meeting established goals and deadlines
- Strong mathematical or statistical background. Demonstrated knowledge of multivariate statistical and modeling techniques.
- Understanding of online measurement and analytics, with the ability to provide meaningful and actionable insights and analysis.
- Experience with agile development and agile marketing using tools preferable
- Results-oriented and lives by the mantra “Always Be Testing”.
- Passion & pride in doing good work and a desire to make a strong impact on the overall business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a constantly changing industry.
- A love of data and attention to detail - highly organized and analytical.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Strong presentation skills to large groups.
- Capable of handling multiple ad hoc requests.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven history of self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail, quality, and effective verbal and written communication skills along with excellent follow-through
- Requires independent effectiveness, taking initiative, strong influencing and driving knowledge
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate
- Must also be able to worked unsupervised, be flexible and react positively to change.
- Must possess a “low drama” work attitude
- Manage a continuously evolving set of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf