This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and overseeing user access security to the enterprise big data solution (Hadoop), other business intelligence platforms and data centric platforms. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of appropriate access across multiple environments to ensure that a least privileged access model is always applied for teammates requiring production data access. Initially, this role provides support to the big data operations team to analyze and identify access security concerns as new applications and data are on boarded. However as the data protection strategy matures, this individual may provide support for the enterprise data protection program.
This role will utilize cutting edge technologies to protect data throughout its lifecycle and enable the business to securely access and utilize data. This role will focus on complex issues related to access management, work to collect business requirements for data access and assists in the day to day execution of those requirements. This position interfaces directly with technical teams that support business and market intelligence for the bank.
Familiarity with unix/linux operating system based permissions, LDAP/Active Directory, and using system APIs are all expectations. The ideal candidate should have system administration experience and familiarity with structured data in order to execute against business and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science or other related disciplines and 5 years of experience in IT security or access management or other related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Analysis Techniques such as Use Cases, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Process Decomposition Diagrams and Workflows.
- Knowledge of SOX, GLBA, Information Security/technology.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Experience with access management lifecycle including tool suites such as Courion, SailPoint, Oracle OAM, CA.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf