Resolution Manager - Capital Adequacy and Resolution
The Capital Adequacy and Resolution (CAR) team has an immediate need for a Resolution Analyst. The CAR team is situated within Corporate Treasury and is responsible for managing the Bank’s Capital Stress Testing processes and Resolution Planning submissions. The Resolution Analyst will have the primary responsibility of leading efforts to evaluate operational considerations of various resolution strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, the interpretation of complex regulatory guidance; evaluation of the interconnections of SunTrust’s various shared services, systems, and applications; and development of significant content in the Resolution Plans. The position will also assist in CAR team activities related to capital planning including execution of CCAR and DFAST exercises. This position will provide opportunities for exposure to key banking concepts and staff, and requires the ability to organize concepts efficiently and present oneself clearly and professionally.
Tied directly to SunTrust's purpose, the Capital Adequacy & Resolution ("CAR") Team ensures SunTrust can remain a fully functional financial intermediary for our clients even in the darkest of times, when their need for a Well Lit Path to Financial Well-Being will be greatest. This is accomplished through semi-annual stress testing and capital planning exercises as well as the development of SunTrust’s “living will” or resolution plan.
- Lead efforts to evaluate the operational considerations and limitations associated with resolution strategies including the hypothetical sale of various legal entities and lines of business. This will require thorough analysis of shared services and systems; as well as operational components including contracts and third party agreements,
- Assist with other key activities associated with developing the resolution plans including evaluation of various strategies and financial analysis under hypothetical economic scenarios,
- Coordination of business partners and various subject matter experts,
- Assist in the annual development of the Resolution Plan and Capital Plan,
- Assist with the project execution of the CCAR and DFAST processes,
- Assist in the development and presentation of executive and board level reporting around the resolution plan
- Interpreting highly complex policies, laws, regulations,
- Leading/assisting with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with banking regulatory requirements including resolution planning and/or CCAR.
- At least three years of banking or regulatory experience, preferably in regulatory compliance or banking operations.
- Proven ability to lead projects and work autonomously with little to no supervision and superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well across functions/business lines within a large organization.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Relevant industry credentials such as CFA, CPA, FRM, etc. are a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable resolution planning and capital regulations (Regulation QQ and SR 15-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf