Responsible for contacting installment loan/line customers whose accounts are past due and making arrangements with the customer to bring the account current. Duties may include inbound or outbound calls, written correspondence, negotiating payments, recommending accounts for repossession and legal action, inputting data into system, performing skiptracing functions, and accurately completing any paperwork. May act as a Team Leader, coordinating daily workflow and providing on the job training. Ensures bank collection policies and procedures are followed.
Responsible for negotiating the collection of the larger more complex high risk, high balance past due loans. May work on specialty teams negotiating reduced payment plans, etc. for customers. May train junior staff members. Represents workgroup on departmental project teams.
- High School Education or equivalent. 3+ of customer service or call center experience.
- Significant experience dealing with non traditional situations.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, regulations and procedures.
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
Knowledge of STI applications and products.
Experience in training others.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf