Work Address :
33 Bloomfield Hills Pkwy., Ste. 125
Job Description :
Members of the multifamily underwriting team provide support and analysis to relationship managers and department initiatives across the firm.
Supports the credit team in completing the due diligence process used in making a prudent decision on whether or not to proceed with such items as extension of credit to a borrower and the submission of an application for mortgage insurance to HUD or loan applications to the internal credit approval process.
The ultimate objective of the group is to contribute to the process of making a recommendation to the Underwriting Manager (Deputy Chief Underwriter (DCU) or Chief Underwriter (CU)) regarding underwriting approval.
- Assist with the preparation of the underwriting package for the team
- Obtain bids, engage, and manage the delivery of third party reports from vendors such as appraisers, surveyors, and engineers
- Coordinate the flow of information between teams
- Obtain credit information of loan participants
- Learn to prepare and process various types of application exhibits and checklists for the different product types in compliance with regulatory agencies and according to FHA/HUD, Freddie/Fannie and internal portfolio guidelines
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Evidence of the ability to deliver clear verbal and written communications
- Highly motivated, self-starting individuals that possess a strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Comfortable contributing as a member of a team
- Experience prioritizing workflows to manage work under pressure and within tight time constraints
- Detail orientated
- Possess Excel skills
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements
- Prior business administrative experience in a team support role
- An understanding of real estate valuation techniques and financial statements
- 1 year of accounting, banking or real estate related work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf