The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for channel/product planning, development and implementation of new digital offerings and product enhancements for clients looking for Mortgage solutions including home purchase, refinance and other borrowing options. This includes continually optimizing throughout the buying and servicing lifecycle; defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing requirements, and working closely with the technology organization, vendors, business partners, and key stakeholders to deliver and maintain profitable. This position requires a level of strategic thinking and also requires the ability to shift into the details in order to make informed decisions when required.
This position is a highly visible role within the organization and works closely with the Mortgage leadership team, technology delivery teams, and Digital teams to develop an effective digital strategy and implementation approach. Additionally, this person will support in-depth business reviews and present recommendations to Executive and Senior management. The person should be passionate about the client and holistic client experience.
The Senior Product Manager will have business/sales goals, and is responsible for developing and maintaining a strategic delivery roadmap that supports those business goals. In this position, the person must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative digital ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (analyzing data, solving problems, and working with delivery teams for development). This position will help monitor and drive the digital business on all aspects of demand, customer experience, and conversion. The person will work with the Mortgage team to design, develop, and execute an integrated strategic go-to-market roadmap to support loan officer collaboration and integration into other digital channels like Mobile and Online Banking.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience working in digital technologies including web and mobile using a Scaled Agile development framework. This person should be able to move fluidly between business stakeholders and technology teams to prioritize the highest value items for delivery.
• Proven ability to use data analytics, research and testing methodologies to drive business decisions
• Adept at cutting through the clutter of information and focusing on what’s most important
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment
• Comfortable with ambiguity, leading autonomously and making independent decisions
• Skilled relationship builder who can work seamlessly with functional and leadership teams
• Ability to identify problems, analyze situations, make independent decisions and proactively develop recommendations
• Ability to think broadly across digital functional areas and channels while proactively reaching out to appropriate contacts as needed
• Demonstrated informal leadership across a broader team or across organizations
• A confident written and verbal communicator who can articulate the strategic vision and gain alignment with other parts of the organization
• Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
• At least 7 years of experience in banking or financial services industry and/or digital/eCommerce products
• At least 3 years leading cross functional teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
• Mortgage or home lending product knowledge and experience a plus
• Expertise in understanding and analyzing consumer market research results, such as drivers of satisfaction related to the online and mobile financial experience
• Experience managing vendor relationships, including contract negotiation
• Knowledge and use of mobile and tablet devices and capabilities
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability and initiative
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of managing products or channels that delivered results
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
• MBA or Masters of Science in Computer Science
• Foundational understanding of web technologies and eCommerce, including various browsers and digital marketing tactics
• Experience using web analytical tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Site Catalyst
• Knowledge or experience related to online sales or retail banking
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf