IAG Associate Role:
The Investment Advisory Group (IAG) Associate position is intended to serve as an entry- to mid-level position for recent graduates and/or individuals with less than three years of experience. Selected incumbents may be assigned to any one of IAG’s specialty groups, including economic, market and portfolio strategy; investment management and operational due diligence; equity and fixed income research and trading; investment communications and/or portfolio management. Career advancement will depend upon individual performance, attainment of requisite KSAs (knowledge, skills & abilities), related professional designations/credentials and business needs.
IAG Associate supporting firm’s Equity Research area.
Assist the Equity Research team with monitoring and reporting on stocks approved for retention or purchase in fiduciary accounts.
The IAG Associate will support the Director of Equity Strategy and the Equity Research Analysts Team. The incumbent will report to the Director of Equity Strategy.
The incumbent will assist more senior investment professionals in running reports, updating data bases, assembling and reviewing data, and conducting research and analysis.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree with a focus on finance, accounting, or related field.
· Minimum of three years of experience working in investment research or analysis.
· Exceptional level of skill in use of MS Office Excel and Powerpoint, including creating charts, tables and templates.
· Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Strong quantitative, research and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to take initiative and work on multiple tasks or projects at one time.
· In-depth knowledge of financial markets and asset management industry gained through work experience or rigorous academic study (attainment of a professional designation such as CFA, CFP, CAIA or related credential will be considered a plus).
· CFA Candidate
· Experience with Factset
· Experience with data analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf