Responsible to ensure timely and thorough processing of active mortgage bankruptcy accounts. Monitors the status of active mortgage bankruptcy accounts and orders all necessary supporting documentation. Leads or participates in quality control audits to ensure the adherence to Federal, State and Local Bankruptcy laws, internal compliance standards, and investor, insurer, and agency guidelines. Handles inbound calls, responds to inquiries requiring research, and ensures completion of loan administration (e.g., updating reporting codes, coordinates loss mitigation requests, updates default reporting codes and completes monthly reports.). Maintains positive working relationships with outside counsel, vendors, and internal default teams (e.g. Foreclosure, Collections Loss Mitigation). Meets all performance standards and goals established by the bank.Qualifications
- Up to 1 year of Mortgage, Banking, Collections or Equivalent experience.
- Strong communications and analytical skills.
- General knowledge of office software. (e.g. Excel, Word).
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- College Degree.
- Two years of Mortgage, default, collections, banking and/or bankruptcy experience.
- Knowledge of investor guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf