- Act as a coach and a facilitator for the team
- Remove team delivery roadblocks
- Ensure adherence to Agile methods and practices
- Collaborate with Product Owner to maintain the product backlog
- Negotiate scope changes with the team
- Collaborate with team to plan sprints and releases
- Monitor/balance tasks among the delivery team
- Track the progress of User Stories throughout sprints and keep the team on track towards their commitments
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Standups, and Retrospective Sprint Ceremonies
- Act as the agent of change and continuously drive towards increasing Agile maturity, using KPIs to help the team improve their Agile process maturity
- Keep everyone focused on delivering business value
- Proactively identify performance issues and opportunities for action
- Influence situations through suggestions, training, and advice on both straightforward and complex issues, collaborating with other decision makers on day-to-day activities
- Practice the art of servant leadership and work to garner respect from the team
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience as a project manager or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices and information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function. Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices. Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
- 2-5 years’ experience delivering software using an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban), preferably in a key delivery role (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Technology Lead, Solution Architect, etc.)
- Experience with document image capture, FileNet, OCR
- Experience creating and facilitating Agile training / workshops
- Experience working with large, small, remote, and collocated Agile teams
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Experience with common processes and tools that support Agile methodologies (Rally, VersionOne, Jira, etc.)
- One or more Agile certification such as Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Experience in the use of scaling methods such as SAFe, LESS, or industry equivalent
- Strong facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and written skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent listener and mentor with outstanding interpersonal conflict-resolutions skills, and the ability to work in collaborative environments
- Ability to understand technical issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail and lean thinking
- Articulate, persuasive, and comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- A predisposition to patience and tolerance
- Comfortable and articulate in challenging change management scenarios, knowing when to insert themselves and when to fade back
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf