Work Address :
303 Peachtree Center Avenue
Job Description :
The Operational Risk Officer role is part of the Consumer Operational Risk Delivery team focused on the BCRA (Business Change Risk Activity) Program for the Consumer segment. This role will work in partnership with the Consumer Operational Risk Delivery, KRP (Key Risk Personnel) and Business Owners to identify and mitigate risk surrounding business change initiatives. The role is responsible for risk management, business change risk assessments, log action items and/ or issues present in implemented initiatives and monitor resolution, Complete Pre Launch readiness assessments and ensure that post implementation reviews are performed as required. The incumbent must be able to maintain strong relationships and coordination with the business and other risk partners have a deep understanding of operational risk, and preferably compliance risk.
**Candidates can be located in the SunTrust Richmond, Orlando or Atlanta office.**Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
- Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
- MBA or advance degree.
- Consulting experience at a corporate level
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf