This role will join our Information Protection team and focus on separation of duties in regards to data access. This individual will determine, identify, and examine risks associated with data access creep and conflicts and help drive solutioning of remediation. As part of their role, this individual will be instrumental in helping define policy, monitor for compliance, and deliver capabilities to protect data and reduce information risk.
The ideal candidate must be skilled at taking business, legal, and regulatory compliance requirements and transforming them into scalable solutions to help solve data security challenges. As such, this individual must be fully capable of communicating with technical professionals as well as managers and leaders throughout the organization.
An incumbent in this role must possess project management skills and be a “risk thinker”. This means that this individual must balance the needs of the business with the needs of security as well as drive execution of the selected strategy/solution.
This role may also act as team lead on a number of projects, initiatives, and capabilities.
- Experience with Separation/Segregation of Duties analysis for applications and data.
- Program leadership experience preferred
- Team lead experience highly desired
- Project management (Waterfall and/or Agile) experience highly desired
- Risk focused decision making
- Experience with data, access and security governance
- Ability to interpret legal and business requirements into technical implementations
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in IT security, audit or other related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf