The Negotiable Collateral Monitoring team has an opening for a high performing teammate who will provide daily monitoring and oversight of liquid securities and other negotiable collateral such as CDs, Stocks, Bonds, Securities and Cash Value Life Insurance. Collateral oversight responsibility would be on behalf of loan products and solutions provided across the Bank, and negotiable collateral portfolio currently comprised of approximately 11,000 obligations and $14B of monitored assets. Will interact with outside vendor(s) and act as a liaison between the vendor and teammates in the Wholesale and Consumer Segments.
Provides thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices and lending subject matter knowledge. Develops practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk management activities. Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with medium to high complexity. Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques. Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Makes recommendations for the update of function/line of business (LOB) control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation. Develops project plans, determines scope, lead projects, interprets results and present findings and recommendations.
· Performs independent Quality Testing and Assurance reviews on 3rd party vendors
· Validates Service Level Agreements are being accurately tracked and reported
· Records observations
· Prepares trend analysis
· Participates in business and service reviews
· Supports the LOB’s Third-Party Risk Management Process (TPRM)
· Works in conjunction with Service Managers, Business Owners, Process Leads and Subject Matter Experts
· Performs sampling and analysis of vendor performance against contractually agreed upon Service Levels
· Prepares Test Scripts for work processes and establish a framework for a Quality Testing and Assurance program
· Recommends and tracks remediation plans if needed
· Establishes and monitor feedback process
· Prepares management reports with supporting quantitative and qualitative assessments
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management. Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
· Professional communications and presentation skills.
· Strong relationship management skills.
· Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
· Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
· Consulting experience at a corporate level.
· Experience in the financial services industry.
· Project management skills.
· Strong writing and verbal skills.
· Knowledge of loan and deposit systems, including ALS & COMPASS
· Familiarity with the SEI Trust 3000 and FBSI NFS brokerage custody platforms
· Experience and/ or knowledge of the credit underwriting process and loan documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf