he Negotiable Collateral Monitoring team has an opening for a high performing teammate who will provide daily monitoring and oversight of liquid securities and other negotiable collateral such as CDs, Stocks, Bonds and Cash Value Life Insurance. Collateral oversight responsibility would be on behalf of loan products and solutions provided by LOBs across the Bank, and negotiable collateral portfolio currently comprised of approximately 11,000 obligations and $14B of monitored assets. Will interact with outside vendor(s) and act as a liaison between the vendor and teammates in the Wholesale and Consumer LOBs. Must have demonstrated ability to achieve desired results and excel in problem-solving, partnership, communications, persuasion, and negotiation.
Accountabilities may include assistance with collateral evaluation and eligibility; ensuring that facilities secured by liquid collateral are set up in accordance with the executed agreement; ensure the liquid collateral is correctly pledged on the appropriate investment platform, i.e. STIS, Trust, and CD; ensure the liquid collateral is monitored as defined by the executed Margin Agreement; trouble shoot out of margin alerts; assist with distribution requests; and provide training to credit teams and underwriters, as needed.
A strong candidate for this role will be a self-starter with a strong desire to learn quickly in a fast paced dynamic environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
· Prior experience in financial services
· Proficient knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel
· Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, ability to converse with management at all levels
· Knowledge of loan and retail systems, including ALS & COMPASS
· Familiarity with Trust and STIS Brokerage platforms
· Experience and/ or knowledge of the credit underwriting process and loan documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf