SunTrust has recently launched a multi-year transformation journey and one of the key components of the journey is the Accelerator Studio. The Accelerator Studio is a facility and process where business and technology team collaborate with right expertise (i.e. 3rd party or internal) to properly articulate business problems across strategy, client experience journey, design thinking sessions and appropriate level of wireframes/prototypes to better inform/define execution details that require technology solutions.
The Studio incorporates lean development philosophies to shorten product development cycles by adopting a combination of hypothesis driven experimentation, iterative product releases, and validated learning. The output will help us learn more about our clients and pivot quickly to make sure our products are consistently meeting client needs.
Successful candidates will be able to seamlessly move between business and technology to help identify problems and work effectively with partners to deliver the right solutions
Successful candidate will:
- Lead engagements through the Accelerator Studio process.
- Partner with the Design Strategist to align design process with the Business Strategy and Vision
- Work with the Studio Lead to improve the process (process as product).
- Collaborate with business partners to develop concepts and value propositions (e.g., new experiences, products/services) for different Studio engagements,
- Over time help shape a client-centric strategy for SunTrust’s various lines of business
- Facilitate sessions and support decision making across stakeholders across supporting functions and lines of business, establishing trust with business and IT leaders and driving alignment with engagement objectives
- Create and maintain engagement sprint plans/kanbanand schedule; work with project stakeholders to prepare for upcoming activities
- Capture engagement risks/mitigations and manage to close
- Prepare supporting materials to communicate progress, decisions, and outcomes
- Manage archival and leveraging of documentation and lessons learned across Studio engagements to support capture of insights and evolution of SunTrust’s Studio capability over time
- Develop and manage resource plan for engagements to include Studio, Business, Corporate Strategy / Innovation Ecosystem, Omni / Digital, Research Insights, and Technology resources and collaborating with the Design Thinking Lead for UX/UI resources, designers, and researchers
- Identify metrics and data needed to support business objectives; be able to synthesize and summarize data to support decision making
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience as a project manager or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge.
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects. Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in management of multiple business, human-centered design & innovation and/or technology projects, including at least 2 years of experience managing projects with enterprise-wide implications
- 3+ years of experience with human-centered design innovation, conducting/leading primary user research to inform the development of new experiences/offerings/concepts
- Familiarity with agile development
- Some knowledge of banking and financial services, including the competitive environment, regulatory requirements and trends, and IT strategies
- Ability to effectively facilitate work sessions with cross-functional participants at all levels
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf