The responsibilities include supporting enterprise business risk mitigation and the impact it has on operations specifically within the Consumer LOB and across all other aspects of the Consumer segment. The right candidate for this position will have retail and/or commercial banking experience, and has experience managing projects as well as a background in compliance and risk management.
• Procedures – PPM/SOS Responsibilities:
• Maintain SharePoint site with tools, guidance and support of procedures in PPM/SOS.
• Ensure items on Pending Change Log are updated in procedures during regularly scheduled annual review.
• Notify Document Owners of annual review dates 90-days in advance so they can start working them sooner.
• Monitor Key Risk Indicators/KRI for annual review dates prior to deadline to ensure updates are made and KRI’s are met.
• Participate in SOS Replacement project, as applicable.
• QA – Quality Assurance Responsibilities – Self Monitoring/Testing of CBO team:
• Complete testing for QA’s already identified: Sensitive Position/Time Away From Work, DDA Internal Accounts, CBO STI Notaries, and Records – Annual DRL update.
• QA expansion – PPM past due’s, PPM documents in draft, etc;
• Ongoing Compliance Day-to-Day
• Further development of Acronym/Abbreviation/Terms/Regulations/Systems & Applications Definitions Glossary.
• Compliance Training Responsibilities:
o Track Late Compliance Training and notify teammates of past due courses.
o Assist Managers with Learning Portal issues and document on Issues Log.
• Record Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Coordinating compliance with Enterprise Records & Information Management/ERIM policies and procedures,
• Acting as a first point of contact for department managers,
• Responding to requests for Record Retention Schedule/RRS updates,
• Providing status updates to ERIM,
• Working under the governance model established by ERIM,
• Completing training on records management tools and requirements,
• Facilitating clean-up and proper destruction of records.
• Maintaining Business Resiliency SharePoint
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of compliance concepts and reporting.
• Solid PC skills.
• 1 year experience reviewing, reporting and organizing compliance data or business information
• 1-2+ years’ relevant work experience (compliance, risk management) that includes interaction with management.
• Ability to utilize statistical tools and production standards to deliver ‘best practice’ performance to contain risk, based on independently developed benchmarks.
• Solid analytical skills and experience with operations performance optimization
• Strong communication skills; experience presenting to management
• Knowledge of the business unit and related industry.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results.
• Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving, partnership, communications, persuasion, and negotiation.
• Solid PC skills. 1 -2 years’ experience reviewing, reporting and organizing compliance data or business information
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• 1-2+ years in a position of managing or mitigating risk, within the last 3-5 years.
• 1-2+ years of experience in a branch or back office operations role with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines related to the position.
• Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience (i.e.; CRCM – ABA Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager.)
• Some experience with Retail Banking practices and understanding various types of inherent risk and demonstrated ability to manage this risk.
• Some experience with risk mitigation, Compliance/Regulatory impacts to our teams.
• Some experience with general banking practices across all LOBs and functional units
• Some familiarity of key technology solutions deployed by the bank and critical applications used by LOBs/functions
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf