SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Technology is seeking a C#/ASP.NET Sr. software engineer to collaborate with trading business partners to analyze and design innovative solutions to business issues and opportunities that drive results in line our technical strategy.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for technology, excellent problem solving skills, thinks and acts strategically, thrives in a dynamic business and technical environment where change is constant. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other technologists and business partners. Experience in the financial services industry is required. (Pricing and Trading, Fixed Income preferred).
- Execute product development including analysis, requirements definition, technical design, programming, testing, technical documentation, and implementation of both front-end and middle tier layers for in-house Trading and Pricing system.
- Analyze complex data analysis and workflow requirements. Must be able to consolidate information from various business areas, analyze the problem or requirement(s), and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Design and develop n-tier software using the Microsoft Technology Stack
- Work with business partners (front office) demonstrating a solid understanding of business needs and envisage how they can best be served by process improvements and technology.
- Ability to design and implement comprehensive unit and regression testing for different components of the system.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or equivalent training and relevant experience
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 5+ years of experience on working with SQL Server.
- Experience with build, code and deployment.
- 8+ years of .NET Development experience in C#, Winforms, MVC
- 8+ years of proven expertise and deep experience with Enterprise Multi-tier Desktop and Multi-threaded software development, application/database tuning.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns and how to apply them to build maintainable code
- Solid understanding of n-tier application integration principles. Experience with processing large datasets and managing distributed transactions is a plus.
- Experience in configuration and change management processes.
- In-depth hands-on work experience as a software developer in an Investment Banking environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business.
- Experience working in distributed team model
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues
- Experience in working with stakeholders and end-users
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, while maintaining attention to detail
- Familiarity with object-relational mapping (ORM) and associated tools (i.e. Entity Framework, NHibernate, LINQ etc.)
- Exposure to cloud programming/platforms
- Experience with MVC, and Dependency Injection (Unity, MEF, Castle Winsdor, etc.)
- Experience with AGILE software development methodology.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf