Responsible for highly complex duties and independent decisions, including identification, investigation, and resolution of high risk or sensitive fraud cases, root cause analysis of fraud losses, and quality assessment, monitoring and reporting. Routinely requires decision making not defined by established policies and procedures. Evaluate sufficiency of fraud controls and recommend changes. Present significant case analyses to management with recommendations for loss mitigation. May distribute and review the work of other staff, resolve escalated inquiries from internal and external customers, and/ or serve as subject matter expert for training, procedure documentation, and process improvement projects. May train and coach less experienced staff.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of fraud detection/investigation or related experience.
- Proficient in PC skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in research and problem resolution typically obtained via seven or more years banking or other equivalent work experience.
- Experience detecting and investigating fraud across multiple products and channels.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credentials.
- Comprehensive understanding of consumer banking policies, practices, and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf