The Fraud Risk Operations organization is looking for an experienced Sr. Fraud Analyst with primary focus on Cards. The candidate will work with all levels of the organization to design and develop strategies that will be used for decision making on fraud strategies. The incumbent will draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization. They will also collaborate with business and technology project stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and validate business requirements. And they will develop recommendations to improve processes or techniques. The incumbent will also lead moderately complex projects and participate in larger, more complex initiatives. And the incumbent will act as a resource for teammates with less experience.
Day to day activities include:
- Perform data analysis and mining to detect opportunities to prevent, detect and recover fraud losses.
- Leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions
- Present financial analysis to upper management
- Identify areas of improvement within the card fraud space
- Work closely with the stakeholders to develop a foundation financial model to build fraud analytical solutions
- Understand fraud cases systems to tie G/L based data with fraud transactional information
- Work with SFO teams to cleanse data within the fraud G/L cost centers
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience performing complex analytics or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of data analytics and the ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to security and fraud.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- 5 + years of experience with data mining tools such as those found in R, SAS, or Python
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
- Experience in the creation and presentation of complex and comprehensive analysis.
- Ability to interact with business and associated financial departments to construct the landscape for cards fraud moving forward.
- Strong experience using data driven methods to analyze and solve business situations
- Process minded, able to generate refined output from general concept
- Responsible, able to multi-task and re-prioritize work on short notice
- Ambitious, resourceful, works with minimal instruction and oversight
- Highly effective verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong focus on customer support and relationship management
- Highly effective team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Exposure to any of the data visualization software: Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, or any other data visualization software
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf