The Audit Manager will be responsible for managing risk-based audits of compliance topics, generally approached at the SunTrust enterprise level; participating in audits of compliance-related topics at the LOB level; and providing input to LOB teams to carry out the SunTrust Audit Services compliance audit strategy. Participation in other projects/initiatives as assigned. As a Senior Audit Manager, candidate will:
- Develop and present processes, risks, controls and audit approaches to teams
- Setting clear quality expectations based on SAS standards and delivers and explains reasons for review notes
- Be a subject matter expert on compliance related matters affecting SunTrust
- Present and defend audit issues effectively
- Prepare meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports
- Demonstrate strong listening skills and debating issues in an open, honest and forthright manner
- Create an open, flexible atmosphere among multiple project teams managed to allow for rigorous interaction and confirmation of audit issues with clients
- Support internal audit change initiatives and contributes by participating in a lead role
- Ability to work independently in areas of difficult or complex nature
- Contribute to planning, development, and execution of the audit plan
- Utilize relationship management skills to build business relationships with audit clients
- Develop project plans that effectively incorporate appropriate risks, scope, staffing requirements, deliverables, timelines, budgets and client availability
- Participate in audit execution as a core team member or project manager
- Contribute to the design and execution of continuous auditing tools that assess changing risk and impact the planning of audit activities
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years industry experience (with at least 5 years in audit, internal control/risk management or regulatory compliance environment).
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge of audit principles, practices and methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exemplify a positive attitude, strong work ethic, team work and professionalism.
- Specifically seeking experience in operational and/or compliance related functions within Consumer Banking, Wealth & Investment Management, Capital Markets, Market Risk, Commercial or Commercial Real Estate,
- Advanced degree
- CIA, CRCM, or other relevant certifications
- Knowledge of Securities regulations is a plus
- Ability to travel 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf