Responsible for the implementation and administration of compliance programs. Ensures applicable laws and regulations are met by transactional testing and reviews of business units and related technologies and processes as part of overarching compliance monitoring requirements. Evaluates compliance adherence through analyzing data and reporting results, risks and trends to management. Reviews filings or reports to regulatory agencies. Depending on level, performs activities such as; administrative duties, review filings, revise, evaluate, and communicate procedures, analyze technology applications, and advise business units on applicable regulatory requirements and any necessary remediation. Engages in ad hoc advisory activities with business segment partners and participates in regulatory-impacted projects and initiatives within the segment.
Designs and coordinates the development, preparation and the review of policies, procedures, and training materials to ensure business units meets and maintains compliance requirements. Provides compliance expertise for complex projects and initiatives with high risk. As an individual contributor, responsible for identifying and resolving issues and implementing result action plans to address deficiencies. Oversees administration portions of the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years experience in the combined field of compliance, risk and project management
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of legal and organizational matters and the ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity
- Ability to organize, direct, performs highly complex analysis and interprets complex laws and regulations
- Advanced PC, communication, leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Understanding of different technologies used in the financial service industry
- Understanding of and experience with 3 or more regulations related to assigned LOB or function (e.g. Investment Banking, Brokerage, HR Employment law, Banking Regs., Technology Security, and Community Development etc.)
- 10 years compliance experience in banking or financial service industry and certifications relative to specific area of concentration
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf