Onboarding and Compliance Manger is responsible for supporting Corporate & Investment Banking with responsibilities that include areas of AML Compliance, Flood Compliance and deal administration. This team is the centralized point of all Client Onboarding aspects for the CIB’s loan portfolio (excluding AFG portfolio). The individual manages a team of eight responsible for onboarding new clients, off boarding exited clients and other aspects of deal administration. The team ensures that new products for clients have obtained the proper clearances for KYC/AML, flood compliance and other regulatory requirements. As manager of this team, responsibilities include serving as a liaison between Portfolio Management, CROS, Center of Excellence, Agency Services, Operational Risk, Legal, Compliance, Audit & Technology. The Subject Matter Expert will ensure that all departmental AML /KYC and Flood requirements are being met and managed. Coordinate and liaison with AMLOC on behalf of Portfolio Management for all developing or changing AMLOC policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities include maintenance of credit files, covenant compliance tracking, and ongoing AML requests. Ensure department is up to date on all regulatory/compliance/bank initiatives. A key responsibility of the team will be to coordinate audit and regulatory requests. Develop processes that promote data integrity for the various metrics across the organization and within specific business units.
Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with all business partners. Sets the team's direction and communicates individual and team priorities. Manages deliverables for the team against expected results with a focus on operational and tactical activities. Makes judgments about priorities and the team's approach to work based on an understanding of how the team contributes to the achievement of broader objectives. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, training, development, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, and performance reviews. Strong communication and organization skills are required along with attention to detail and a full awareness of urgency in market trends while protecting the bank from risk.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years’ experience of related experience in the financial Industry.
• MBA or JD Preferred
• Prior management experience, either direct or indirect, of a team.
• Strong leadership skills that motivate and retain a high performing team.
• Fundamental understanding of the Front to Back processing environment within Portfolio Management
• Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve processes or services.
• Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges.
• Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf