This position will drive execution of critical, strategic Business Intelligence related programs and efforts across the Enterprise Data Office (EDO) including the Atlas Data Lake Big Data Program. The candidate will have a good mix of project management skills, business development skills and software development process knowledge and experience. The role will serve as a key planner/integrator between the delivery areas in EDO, project managers, and the Portfolio leadership. Reports the status of efforts as the organization tracks against objectives, roadmaps, budgets and risk. Develops recommendations and implements improvements to established delivery practices as needed to support programs and objectives. Fosters a culture of lean processes, continuous improvement, and operational excellence and as a catalyst for better performance across SunTrust. May have people management responsibilities at points within the lifecycle of this program. The position will directly support the BI related programs efforts within the EDO.
- Lead the SunTrust Big Data program by providing critical leadership and integration for the Atlas Data Lake (ADL) Program team in conjunction and support of the Strategic and Segment Data delivery teams.
- Effectively manage ADL program efforts, to include: project plan, scope/budget/resource management, time management, communications, risk management, user training and transition ongoing maintenance and support to appropriate teams.
- Build, maintain, and use strong relationships with the analytic enablement and EDO delivery teams to understand and prioritize needs, key problems and opportunities.
- Effectively communicate and interact with key stakeholders to include executive leaders.
- Provide oversight and manage vendors to resolve and issues.
- Capture and summarize Risks, Issues, Actions and Decisions (RAID) by way of meeting notes or other mechanisms – to make sure everyone team understanding, coordination , and the right people are accountable for actions/deliverables.
- Integrate with the EDO Accelerator Program team to facilitate Atlas Data Lake efforts to transition to an Agile environment.
- Ensure governance processes and directives as outlined by the EDO Portfolio team and the SunTrust Strategic Planning & Governance Division are followed.
- Lead future BI programs within the EDO.
- Self-directed and self-starter work ethic
- Sharp, inquisitive, reliable, and professional.
- Process oriented, but adaptive to changing needs and requirements
- In depth understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies.
- Skilled at identifying and analyzing information or problems to reach the optimum solution for a defined situation.
- Demonstrates logical approach to solving problems and decision making and seeks other resources to define solutions as needed.
- Gathers facts and information needed to make appropriate decisions or solve simple problems impacting own work environment.
- Has ability to conduct technical training and related documentation / procedures that enables a product to be utilized by the business and technical user community.
- Has ability to make recommendations for test, development, and production environments.
- Ability to communicate to and interact with executive level stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, IT related discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience in large scale project and program management.
- 5+ years of experience in process oriented delivery methods and models.
- Strong cross-functional technical & business communication skills.
- Experience in matrix management and organization influence and change.
- Experience leading distributed technical and business teams while carrying the accountability of the work product delivery.
Understands requirements and create conceptual design.
2 years of experience with Big Data technology.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Master Degree Computer Information systems or Mathematics.
- SharePoint services or portal experience.
- Scrum certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf