Research, analyze and evaluate alerts of potentially suspicious financial activity for possible anti-money laundering violations involving all Lines of Business. Decide whether to refer alerts generated from the SunTrust Alert Monitoring Program to counterparts for further investigation. Assess, document, and support decisions through narrative writing and supporting documentation. Identify false positive alerts and those that alert for “data/peer” issues for further work by FIU Operations. Assist with projects and assignments to assure full compliance with provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act. Develop BSA relationships with other Lines of Business.
• Research, analyze and evaluate account transactions that may be suspicious or unusual for a given business or person within any LOB.
• Decide upon referring the alert for further investigation. Assess, document, and support decisions through both written narrative as well as via supporting documentation.
• Alerts referred for further investigation should provide enough information to describe what was unusual about the transaction or series of transactions in question.
• Monitor account activity for all bank units and client relationships to evaluate transactions for suspicious financial activity as it may pertain to money laundering and/or terrorist financing.
• Perform other tasks including project and training assignments as directed by management. Work within the FIU Operations group to refer alerted accounts for data/peer issues that require additional examination and follow-up.Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree preferred; high school education necessary
• Banking and research/investigative experience preferred
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills (clear, concise, correct)
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to analyze and use deductive reasoning skills to make decisions
• Must have patience to work effectively with others: assertive but not aggressive
Banking and investigation experience (previous AML/BSA, Fraud, law enforcement, compliance or other)
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf