- Build and maintain a portfolio of both new clients and any existing clients that may transition with the client advisor; serve as the primary relationship manager for these clients; targeted number of clients is approximately 100
- Acquire new clients through targeted prospecting and strong relationships with clients, business managers, agents and other centers of influence.
- Portfolios may have a baseline of Sports & Entertainment clients with total revenue above $3.5MM along with total loans and deposits of more than $125MM.
- Develop client relationship plans for all clients as outlined in the defined service standards and ensures that service standards for all client relationships are established and met.
- Maintain updated relationship history to support ongoing relationship expansion activities.
- Engage closely with Sports & Entertainment Strategic Wealth Advisor ("SWA") to conduct a sophisticated needs assessment analysis to understand client goals and aspirations
- Help clients define their financial goals and objectives, analyzing current financial resources.
- Principally responsible for loan and deposit growth for Sports & Entertainment clients as well as ongoing asset quality of loan portfolio.
- Partnering with investment professional to grow assets under management will be key component to judging success of business and portfolio
- Coordinate relationships with other STI product specialists, including investments, trust, mortgage, insurance, etc, using a team approach in delivering solutions to client's financial needs and to increase wallet share with assigned clients.
- Participate fully in all components of the line of business sales and relationship management process. These components normally include: attending strategy meetings, joint calling with team members and management, abiding by sales reporting guidelines, completing relationship plans and calling activity updates and sales call "debriefs".
- Support the team fully in cross-department referral goals and initiatives.
- Attend all sales training courses necessary to be able to sell the full spectrum of products and services to clients. If appropriate, maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, and Insurance licenses. Must obtain licenses within 12 months of assuming registered position. Ensures that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed. Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Requires significant travel including weekends.
- Depending on industry specialization the advisor will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of their industry including key players, any pending regulatory implications, and stay abreast on news and current events in the space. Industries covered include the professional sports landscape, music, live entertainment, film and television, and the agency and management business. Qualifications
Undergraduate degree with 10+ years of sales experience in relationship management within the financial services industry. Demonstrates solid investment knowledge and the ability to deliver solid financial planning via Wealth Station software. Has comprehensive credit knowledge to personally deliver medium to complex credit solutions for commercial and consumer credits (includes handling any small racing teams, music publishing companies, record labels or film production companies). Possesses very strong Deposit/General Banking knowledge to personally or with support from appropriate specialists deliver standard bank products such as deposits, credit cards, mortgages, etc to assigned clients. Strong knowledge of all wealth management products and services. Very strong consultative sales skills with the ability to sell a wide range of products and services. Very strong Client Service Skills. Assertive in asking for business, developing leads and developing referral sources which includes Centers of Influence. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Well organized and flexible; able to adapt to change as well as determine and focus on top priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
CFP or equivalent is highly desirable.
Word, Excel and Power Point skills preferred.
5+ years credit experience preferred.
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
8+ years of experience working with S&E client segment as a Client Advisor.
Knowledge or professional sports contracts and the music and film industries and their complexities
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf