Administrative Assistant – Legal: Corporate Real Estate and Wholesale (Commercial Lending, Payments) Teams
Position Duties: The Administrative Assistant will support the Corporate Real Estate and Wholesale (Commercial Lending, Payments) Teams in Legal & Regulatory Affairs. This position is based in SunTrust’s Atlanta headquarters. Position duties include:
The position will report to the Senior Managing Attorney/Deputy General Counsel of the Corporate Real Estate and Wholesale (Commercial Lending, Payments) Teams and be generally responsible for:
- Administrative support to individuals and the department, including coordinating new hire on-boarding and maintaining appointment schedule(s) by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Performing advanced administrative duties using standard and prescribed procedures with limited supervision. Duties may include overseeing a specific process by compiling and assembling information and directing work flow, monitoring a program or procedure to ensure conformity to standards, preparing reports for management, or composing correspondence.
- General clerical and office duties, including typing, record and file maintenance, mail support, office organization, maintaining office supplies, space and facilities support, organization chart updates, expense management, answering telephones, writing memos, and processing legal invoices.
- Data entry into spreadsheets/databases following established procedures and practices.
- Maintaining client and company confidences and maintaining confidentiality of operations.
- Interactions with internal and/or external clients, legal counsel and regulators.
- Adapting procedures, processes, and techniques to meet departmental requirements.
- Exercising discretion and judgment on routine issues.
Assisting in preparing materials for Team meetings, Legal Town Halls, Board Meetings and Annual Shareholder Meetings.
Assisting in the preparation and filing with the SEC of statements of beneficial ownership of the company’s securities by directors and executive officers (SEC Forms 3, 4 and 5).
Experience and skills for the role include the following:
- 4 years of advanced administrative assistant, office management, paralegal or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of standard organizational operating policies and procedures.
- Strong office software, office hardware, spreadsheet, and basic PC database skills.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Prefer 5-10 years of experience supporting senior level management executives, preferably on legal team
- Familiarity with legal process and terms, ability to research and problem solve within guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular emphasis on client communication and interaction.
- Well-organized, proactive self-starter able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and associated pressure of handling multiple competing and changing deadlines.
- Able to work independently, but in a team environment.
- Experience handling moderately complex problems and interacting with other departments to resolve issues.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and team player with One Team approach and Client First attitude.
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment preferably with a large commercial lending institution (such as experience working with common company systems such as legal invoicing systems, matter management systems, and commercial lending systems).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf