This role is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of an effective EIS compliance program. Further, this position will serve as the subject matter expert, responsible for providing regulatory guidance on applicable federal and state laws and regulations and internal compliance policies. Finally, this position will coordinate all compliance activities across the EIS Operations Risk program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the business in strengthening the design, documentation and implementation of compliance controls
- Assess changes in the laws and regulations applicable to the business, providing guidance and oversight for effective implementation of controls to meet new requirements
- Establish compliance monitoring and quality control testing programs, including ensuring appropriate monitoring and quality assurance testing in the business
- Develop key compliance metrics and reporting to inform the business
- Assess training needs and delivery of appropriate training
- Manage compliance regulatory examinations
- Assess compliance risks associated with business changes and third party impacts
- Evaluate compliance risks associated with customer complaints
- Identify, track, and advise on remediation of compliance risks and issue escalation of compliance concerns
- Lead various compliance initiatives for the business and for EIS Risk Program.
- In addition, other responsibilities include:
- Partnering with EIS Compliance Program owner as well as Consumer Compliance to maintain and execute an EIS Operations Compliance Program
- Partnering with Segment / Function Compliance leads to monitor and escalate key regulatory gaps and issues and identify emerging compliance risks within the industry
- Provide leadership and meaningful guidance and input to ensure compliance risk is effectively monitored and managed with documented risk mitigation strategies and controls
- Drive risk dialogue, debate, and escalation at the Enterprise Compliance Leadership Team level with escalation onward to the EIS Risk Management Committee and Compliance Risk Committee (CRC) for compliance risk / issues
- Fostering relationship building by using strong subject matter expertise, excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and exhibiting the flexibility/adaptability to work in a matrix management environment.
- Supporting the development of operational risk management and compliance communications to Senior Executives and Risk Committees.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years experience in the combined field of compliance, risk and project management.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of legal and organizational matters and the ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity.
- Ability to organize, direct, performs highly complex analysis and interprets complex laws and regulations.
- Advanced PC, communication, leadership, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of different technologies used in the financial service industry.
- Exceptional problem solving ability–excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers and the ability to untangle complex issues.
- Experience in the financial services industry (Big 4 experience would be a plus) working on Compliance program delivery projects
- Familiarity with Federal Regulations (Alphabet Regs, FFIEC, FACTA, etc.) that impact Consumer, HR and Third Party / Sourcing Operations
- Good grasp of best practices, regulatory, and compliance issues related to Consumer, HR and Third Party / Sourcing Operations
- Excellent relationship management skills. Consultative approach, effective in building productive, trusted relationships and in fostering an open, engaged and inclusive dialogue with business and risk partners
- Presence, poise and executive stature
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to distill and convey complex topics both orally and in writing.
- Good influence skills. Ability to articulate risks, tradeoffs, and recommend course of action clearly and compellingly
- Intelligence, energy and spirit
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf